Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Crazy Bunch of Emotions

These past few weeks have been overwhelming. They have been filled with emotions that at times I don't even know what to do with. Kennedy died on my birthday and two days later I was a mom to Isabelle. The emotional roller coaster is not over. Mother's day is this weekend, Kennedy's court date was schedule for May 15, Izzy is released for adoption on May 30, seven other families are traveling in June when we were planning to travel for our gotcha day for Kennedy, and the courts close August 6.....will we get a court date before then. Will we travel September or November. Will Izzy stay healthy...I hate that she has to be in the orphanage for so long.....I understand the reasoning but is doesn't mean I like it. These are just a couple of the things going through my head these days.

At church we are in the middle of a series called Sacred Space. The series is on Psalm 23. I can't even express how much this series has guided me through this time. I know I will be in another valley down the road, but I do feel like we are coming out of this one. Here is the link if you are interested

http://northmetro.sitewrench.com/dlgMediaPlayer.aspx?id=573

At the same time G-d placed it on our hearts to fight for the lives of the orphans in Ethiopia...we are not 100% sure what that is going to look like, but we know it going to be amazing. We will have a lot to tell you about this later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Prof Gleason, I have not had the privilege of being one of your students but have heard a lot about you from friends. I am a tech student and knowing the overtly atheistic atmosphere espoused by most professors, I wanted to let you know that you truly are an inspiration. I pray sincerely that the Lord continues to use you and your wife mightily both at tech and in the lives of these little children in Ethipoia