Friday, July 25, 2008

It Arrived

Our home study arrived in the mail last Saturday (July 19, 2008). We were so excited. I opened the mailbox took it out and was waiving it as all three boys (Rudy, Lawson, and Eli) were looking out the window. I opened it and immediately read it, and immediately found some major typos. They typed Lawson as Dawson and they called us the Wilson's instead of the Gleason's in a sentence. I couldn't believe my eyes. I have been checking the mailbox everyday for this documents and when it arrives it arrives with typos that need to be fixed. This only means it is going to take longer. Monday morning I called our social worker to discuss the typos. She called back on Tuesday. We received the corrections yesterday. Now we have everything ready for USCIS. After the boys wake-up from nap time we are headed straight to the post office to send this packet to USCIS and then the wait starts.......

Our consultant at our agency told us it currently a 3 month processing time in Atlanta, but she heard they (USCIS) are trying to speed things up in here. I hope so. We can't send our dossier to the state until we get our USCIS approval...which means receiving our I-171H in the mail.

No comments: